Re: Topband: Comparison testing

To: topband@contesting.com, Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Comparison testing
From: bruce whitney <zuceman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 07:15:16 -0800 (PST)
Tom,
It is a very well known fact that an antenna erected hastily in harsh
conditions always outperforms one erected leisurely -nice warm day, no
wind, lots of planning and help, etc.. Every Ham I know - is well aware of
this.  I can cite example after example - including temporary Field Day
antennas erected in rainy windstorms that outperformed much larger home station
arrays.

In fact, to take advantage of this - I have been waiting and watching the
weather reports for the worst, blinding snow storm of the season - to be
absolutely sure that my next antenna project will outperform everything else I
have at present.

Then, you come along and inject all this thinking about objective reasoning,
science and engineering into the mix to challenge many of the popular truths -
it's just demoralizing... Don't be surprised if there are people that will feel
violated or compromised in some way and will lash back.
73, Bruce W8RA