Re: Topband: CQ 160 Contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ 160 Contest
From: "Charles W. Shaw" <charleswshaw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:27:00 +0000
Mike, W5UC, wrote:

The CQ 160 contest was a large disappointment this year here in EM21.
Mike, here in DM82jt also! No EU heard in southeast New Mexico, and only two JA's (one each morning). I worked one of them with difficulty on Saturday--JH4UYB. I did find and work two east Asia Russian stations (also with a bit of difficulty) on Sunday morning. It seemed that participation was down, probably as a result of the poor conditions. Even VE's were pretty rare. I did manage to work 49 US states and the DC, but no MS!

The weather has been very warm here for a few days also! But QRN during the contest was only light to moderate (mostly on Friday night).

73, Charles - N5UL
Hobbs, NM

At least at this location, Europe was weak or not heard. Please, I would like to know what others were hearing. I saw few, if any EU postings on VE7CC from others in this area.

At least I am enjoying the winter. It was a frigid 78 degrees F here in EM21pi today.
Topband Reflector