Re: Topband: CQ 160 Contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ 160 Contest
From: Henk PA5KT <pa5kt@remijn.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:42:42 +0100
I was only active from Saturday evening on.
Had the idea that there were more participants as last years.

About the DX, I did not hear a lot of asian stations, and those that I hear were very weak. Did not work Japan. Till about 02:00 UTC I did only work 5 NA stations, and signals were not good. I took a break and from 03:00 I was on again. After that time I worked several eastcoast NA.
Signals were like on 20m. But almost no midwest.

From half hour before sunrise (sunrise at 07:30) I also worked AZ and CA and several caribbean stations. Signals like 20m.

After sunrise band closed pretty fast. Last dx at 07:33 with W0AIH.
I stopped at 07:45.

Sunday evening was the same, only EU no Asia, only some middle east heard. (Not worked as too many stations only calling and not listening).

I did work 2 TX stations, but used to work more.

73 Henk PA5KT