Re: Topband: Coupla things

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Coupla things
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 04:46:01 -0600
On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Gary Smith <Gary@ka1j.com> wrote:

>  There was one guy who had what sounded like RF on his signal and made him
> stand out. I wonder if that was by accident or intentional.

Yes! What in the heck was that? He sounded like a UFO from Mars or
something. I heard him many times (never did copy his call) and never
figured out what was causing that odd noise on his signal.

> - Same idea with the different range of key clicks. ... there were quite a
> few stations ... Their clicks were so loud they obliterated DX well more
> than a KHz away.

That is for sure. I've never heard so many key clicks in a contest. But we
enjoyed it just the same. :-)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com
Topband Reflector