Re: Topband: DSL Filter

To: "Stein-Roar Brobakken[LA6FJA]" <sroabr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DSL Filter
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 00:08:45 -0500
Today I built the ADSL filter today that Rag (LA6FJA) provided the link
for, and it solved my DSL crashing problem.

I fought this problem for numerous years when running 100 watts on 160
meters and previously threw a bunch of toroid chokes at the problem with no
success, but today in the 160 meter contest my internet connection has been
rock solid with the filter in line (but not with the filter removed).  I
also checked my internet upload and download speed with and without the
filter and the results are the same.  For the 6.51uH inductors I used what
I had on hand which were FT50-61 cores.  I wound 8 turns per core and
pushed the turns close to each other in order to get close to the 6.51 uH
value.

My modem is a Siemens Speedstream 4100 Ethernet ADSL modem.

Just FYI, and thanks.
Don (wd8dsb)
Topband Reflector