Re: Topband: Measured RG-6 Loss: Solid Copper vs. Copper Clad center con

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Measured RG-6 Loss: Solid Copper vs. Copper Clad center conductor
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:28:00 -0500 (EST)
Hi Mike,

Obviously I had computers on my mind...

Yes, of course I meant to say quad-shield RG-6 CATV cable.   I'll provide the
manufacturers and part numbers in a subsequent e-mail, but its just typical
inexpensive ebay RG-6 CATV cable.

Inexpensive RG-6 with a copper clad steel (CCS) center conductor is much more
widely available than solid copper, especially in desirable options such as a
tough polyethylene (PE) jacket and flooded RG-6.  CCS looks like a reasonable
choice except for very long cable runs on 160 and 80 meters.  A copper clad
center conductor may be a problem if a device (e.g. a preamp or relay) is
remotely powered through the coaxial cable.

73
Frank
W3LPL