Re: Topband: Problem with Sensor Lamps

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Problem with Sensor Lamps
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 09:27:42 -0800
I know this has been discussed here, please push me in the right direction.

It has been suggested that the only fix is to get rid of the lamp. That may be true, or it might be that a serious ferrite choke on the line cord might fix it. Either way, you've got to get the neighbor to WANT to fix it. Especially if the neighbor is uncooperative, one approach is to transmit as often as possible on frequencies that trigger it with legal limit power, choosing your operating frequency so that you're not bothering other hams.

73, Jim K9YC

Topband Reflector