Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 121, Issue 19

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 121, Issue 19
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 00:39:25 +0000 (UTC)

About 20 years ago when I started my first trek on 160M  my daughter had one of
these lamps. It destroyed TB and yes it even turned on and off when I
transmitted. I never told her what I suspected and one day she asked me to look
at it.. I decided it must be defective and bought her a brand new high
intensity lamp to read by and she was very happy.. Needless to say I took the
lamp out back when she was not around and took a baseball bat to it.. Never had
the problem again..

Now I suspect your neighbor might be adversed to your taking a baseball bat to
it so some tact is necessary.. Suggest the lamp is a problem and cant be fixed
and maybe they will purchase a new one that is NOT RF actuated.

http://www.qsl.net/wa3mej/index.htm