Re: Topband: Help with RFI

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Help with RFI
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 07:48:02 -0500
I would seriously consider going wireless. A few years ago I had a direct strike on the top of my tower. Fortunately, everything was disconnected, so I sustained no damage in the shack. In fact, the only significant damage was to two computers on a cabled Ethernet network, both of which showed physical signs of damage at and near the Ethernet port. It was clear to me that induced current from the strike, picked up by the Ethernet cable, was responsible. I switched our house over to wireless networking and have been completely satisfied. It doesn't hurt that it all operates at UHF.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.