Topband: Heater Choke Value

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Heater Choke Value
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy (K5MWH)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:36:50 -0600
Hello Fellow Topbanders:

I have just started the process of converting a MLA-2500 amplifier from it's original 8875 tubes to Gi-7b tubes. Current;y I can run only abut 400 watts on Topband, (not from the MLA=2500, I have no tubes for it) The conversion requires a RF Choke in the filament lines. I have searched the Handbook, and looked at several schematics with no luck.

Please, can someone out there advise the value of reactance required for this effort. Most construction articles recommend #12 wire, which in this case, appears to be significant over kill, as the heater current is only 4 amps total.

Thanks & 73,
Mike, W5UC
Topband Reflector