Re: Topband: Power Line Noise Detecting

To: "TOPBAND" <TOPBAND@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: Topband: Power Line Noise Detecting
From: "Mike Greenway" <K4PI@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 10:18:08 -0500
If I didn’t say it, what it tried to say was if I hear the arc 100% this pole has a problem. The antenna on the Ultrasonic has a very very narrow pickup range and you have to move very slowly over every piece on the pole. If I don't hear the arc there could still be a problem on the pole although I have not run into this case yet. Radar Engineers makes an expensive model for the power companies http://radarengineers.com/rfitvi.htm#spark

Agreed on the radio to get to the area. I use a Radio Shack Aircraft band with a 3 ele yagi. 73 Mike

-----Original Message----- From: Tom W8JI