Re: Topband: A little assistance needed with an attempt at a T antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: A little assistance needed with an attempt at a T antenna
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 09:32:54 -0800
On 1/4/2013 5:56 AM, Mike Armstrong wrote:
After all the preliminaries, I want to try the T, but it definitely struck me
that the antenna, being OCFD as much as it is, is definitely NOT balanced side
to side.

By all means do it as a Tee, and don't worry about the imbalance. There is, however, a more important issue. Most OCF antennas use a choke or balun in the feedline that is likely to fry if you load the antenna this way.

73, Jim K9YC

Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge coming on December 29th.