Re: Topband: A little assistance needed with an attempt at a T antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: A little assistance needed with an attempt at a T antenna
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 10:56:33 -0500 (EST)
Hi Mike,

You should enjoy much improved DX performance with an inverted-L and ground
radials than you're having with your off center fed dipole (OFCD).  I recommend
you simply use an inverted L rather than a T vertical.  The T vertical offers
little advantage if the T top isn't nearly symmetrical.

An inverted L will work just fine, many of us use them with excellent success.
Try to make the vertical wire as tall as possible.

Good luck!

73
Frank
W3LPL