Re: Topband: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest
From: k6xt <k6xt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 21:22:45 -0700
I completely agree from the perspective of penalties. Lately I have taken to purposely not working stations where there is the possibility of working the wrong station or miscopy. The penalty imposed by organizers is greater than the missed Q. I ascribe to the system Tree suggests:
CQ K6XT
N6TR
N6TR report
K6XT report
TU (test or call or whatever)

The only time penalty is my QSO partner sending my call once. Then we both know who has been worked. Completely resolves the nearly colocated CQer and off frequency replier issues.

73 Art K6XT~~
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.
ARRL, GMCC, CW OPS, NAQCC
ARRL TA