Re: Topband: 1820 spur

To: Terry Conboy <n6ry@arrl.net>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1820 spur
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 12:49:11 +0000
At my QTH (suburban Washington DC FM19ka), I do not hear a steady carrier at
1820, but instead would describe it as a raucous cacaphony of buzzsaws from
1820-1827 or so, especially in evenings.

What's funny is that right below 1820 it clears up. So for example the Thursday
night sprint which happens around 1815, I am not at all affected. But it in the
Stew Perry, there's a lot of not-strong-signal activity between 1820 and 1825
that I have to miss.

It is vaguely similar to the NJ 1810 noise cleared up last week, but much
broader and not nearly as loud and for me. Unlike the NJ 1810 noise it seems to
go away during the day.

Tim N3QE