Re: Topband: Skywaves from Monopole Surface Waves

To: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Skywaves from Monopole Surface Waves
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 21:46:28 -0400
Yes.  But again, does that mean ANY vertical radiator automatically gets
the low angle radiation no matter what?  Does this persist for me working
Russians on 160, or is it lost.  Is the notch correct if we are talking 500
miles not over salt water?   Why does the guy with the 4 square on
saltwater at Chesapeake Bay have such a louder signal if everybody gets the
low angle because the notch at zero is a myth.  Clearly everybody doesn't.
 What are the modifiers, and what data from non-local measurements truly
explain what happens when I try to work Russians from Raleigh if I've
always got my low angle?

73, Guy.