Re: Topband: 1810 kHz signal

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 1810 kHz signal
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 07:49:39 -0700
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Don Kirk <wd8dsb@aol.com> wrote:

> I did that this morning using Google Earth, and while the data is noisy
> (some stray data points), so far it appears the signal is originating
from the
> half of New Jersey State that's south of New York State (somewhere
between
> New York City and Atlantic City and within 60 miles of the ocean or out
in the
> ocean off the shoreline).

Many thanks to Don for working on the map.  I would like to suggest that we
have located
this signal "close enough" with the possible observations on this list.  As
W8JI suggested,
we really need someone who can hear the signal during the daytime to get
some direction
readings in the local area.

There has been a LOT of traffic on the list about this and I am starting to
get some
complaints.  So - unless you have specific information on the exact
location or reason for
this signal - let's hold off on more "DX" observations.

Thanks.

The Mangement