Re: Topband: Ground conductivity, permittivity measurement

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground conductivity, permittivity measurement
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 10:22:59 -0700
On 10/2/2012 3:31 AM, cris blak wrote:
The less ground conductivity the higher is the antenna elevation radiation
angle.

Excellent work, Cristi. A suggestion for this last part of the analysis. Rather than look at the vertical angle where the radiation peaks, look at the field strength at some chosen low angle, like 10 degrees for various soil conditions. Now, we can see a dB value.

Another thing I've been doing with EZNEC is saving computed pattern traces for various conditions and then recalling them all on a single plot. In this way, it's easier to see the effects of a change. And it is also possible to move the cursor from one curve to another and see dB values.

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK