Topband: HiZ Install Small Lot

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: HiZ Install Small Lot
From: joe <galicic@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:38:02 -0400
Hi Guys,

I will be installing my new Hi-Z 2-3 RX antenna this coming weekend.  I
live on a small quarter acre lot in Maryland so I expect a few
challenges and compromises.  I would like to hear from other small lot
Hi-Z owners so I may be able to avoid or workaround any issues and
manage my expectations.

I will be using 3 home brewed 15 foot verticals made out of 5 foot
telescoping sections of sched 40 pvc pipe.  (1.25 -> 1 -> .75) These
will be painted and mounted to a six foot cedar privacy fence and the
wire will continue down the fence 3 more feet providing me with 18 foot
total length for each of the verticals.

My transmit antenna will be very close to one of the verticals and
within 50-100 feet of the other two. I know in advance this will be an
issue.  I'm looking for ideas to detune it while in RX.

I am hoping this antenna will offer much better performance than my
short BOG.

Any helpful advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Joe