Re: Topband: Hi-Z vertical elements

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Hi-Z vertical elements
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:08:59 -0400
Thank you all for the many off-list and on
list replies. It seems like one of the
most affordable methods is to use the
fiberglass insertable poles sold on ebay
so I just ordered two dozen of them in the
event I someday go to a 4 element array.

I didn't know these were available or I
would have used them instead of the PVC I
tried last fall. At least the PVC did hold
up for the "season".

Cheers,

Gary
KA1J

> I have the Hi-Z 3 Element Triangular Array
> and need to make something different than
> what I made before. I earlier used 2" PVC
> with a smaller diameter PVC section on top
> and I ran the wire inside. This worked
> well last year but this year the top
> element is like wet spaghetti and the tips
> of all three elements are now pointing to
> the ground. I need to make something that
> will stay straight.
>
> Anyone make any of these and if they are
> inexpensive to make and are durable, what
> did you do to make them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary
> KA1J