Re: Topband: The use of digital modes on 160 metres

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The use of digital modes on 160 metres
From: "N4IS" <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:15:05 -0400

Differentiating operating awards?  If you are talking DXCC it has been
differentiated for years.  SSB award, CW award, DIGITAL/RTTY award and
MIXED.  I know this because I have them all hanging on my wall.  Doing it
again on 160 is going to be a hoot.  If the 160 award isn't
<<<<

That is the case for 2m DXCC, no differentiation from SSB CW or Digital
modes, ARRL compare CW EME with WSJT EME "QSO" , this is the big
demotivation for new 2m CW EME operators. I did gave up on EME because WSJT
activity and unfair comparison with a CW real QSO.

Regards
Jose Carlos
N4IS

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK