Topband: intersecting ground radials

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: intersecting ground radials
From: Bob Kupps <n6bk@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 00:09:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi I would like to place monopoles for 160 and 80m bands 30m apart causing
their ground radials to intersect. The radials are #20 bare copperweld (since I
happen to have 4000m) that would be laid out on top of the soil before turf was
placed on top. These antennas would be used for transmitting only and never at
the same time. Is it necessary to solder the intersecting wires together where
they cross for any reason like they recommend for phased arrays? Naturally I
hope not...

TIA & 73 Bob
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK