Re: Topband: Using the K2AV folded counterpoise at VK6VZ

To: <wrcromwell@gmail.com>, "Guy Olinger K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Using the K2AV folded counterpoise at VK6VZ
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 20:12:48 -0400
Lucky me there is no "HOA" where I live. Mention HOA and everybody says
"huh? No way". I am about 4000 feet from the nearest runway but that is
for small aircraft and the 4000 feet is from my home to the *side* of
runway. The tallest tree on my place is about 40 feet high and I don't
want to go very much past that due to that runway AND to just keep a low
profile.

Have you checked with the FAA to see how high you can actually go? About 60-70' vertical with a tophat and a reasonable ground will give you a respectable signal on 160. That can be done with aluminum tubing

Carl
KM1H
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK