Re: Topband: DX Engineering Preselector

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX Engineering Preselector
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 21:40:48 +0200
We used the DXE 8-circle without preamp and preselector last year at DR1D in
M/S WWDX CW.
In my opinion neither is necessary even with 200m of RG-6 feedline.
I looks as that the RF limiter is causing your problem, is that using anti
parallel diodes or just a light bulb + spark gap?
With diodes you might try to add more diodes in series.

73
Peter, DJ7WW