Re: Topband: 2012/13 season opening up?

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2012/13 season opening up?
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 07:28:43 -0400
I'm vacationing in coastal Maine and playing a bit of radio. Worked
ZL3IX this morning, 15 minutes past sunrise. Greg was 579 on a couple of
pieces of wire I'm phasing with the NCC-1 box and not quite as good on
the TX antenna. Using a tree-supported Inverted L with six 1/4 wave
on-the-rock radials (2 ending in salt water) for TX and 110 watts from
the K3. Antenna has a nice saltwater takeoff over Blue Hill Bay. Photo
at www.aa1k.us.

On Aug. 8 from here worked RI1ANF and I2TAO.

73/Jon AA1K

On 8/14/2012 1:47 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
> At Eu sunrise this morning, got an RBN spot from GW8IZR at 12 dB and
> right afterwards worked G4EIM for my first cross-pond for the season.
> Seems early, but I'll sure take it.  Bring it on.  73, Guy.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK