Re: Topband: Soldering in the wild!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Soldering in the wild!
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 22:09:48 -0400
Thanks to everyone who offered a suggestion about soldering in the wild!  I
managed to run an extension cord out to one failed section of 450 ohm
ladder line and fixed it with my trusty old weller gun.  However, I
discovered two additional sections on the same antenna that are well beyond
the length of all my extension cords combined.  I think I'll see what one
of the Weller or Ultratorches will do for me.  I may also pick up a few
split bolts for quick and easy repairs if I can find a reasonably priced
source.  Locally, they are pretty expensive.  Ebay may provide better
hunting.  Once again, thanks for all the suggestions.

Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive
BAMA - http://bama.edebris.com
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK