Re: Topband: FCP model

To: "Jim Hoge" <knowkode@verizon.net>, "topband reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FCP model
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 12:51:44 -0400
A:B tests but I started at 12' and  went to 20' at a roughly 45 degree angle
for the rest of the run. Performance at 1200W was excellent considering the
excessive power many DXers/contesters run on 160 and that I often beat in
the pileups

This was a pair of wire verticals sloping off the top guys at the 160' level
and about 3' out. Phasing was just the basic coax lines and relays for end
fire and broadside since it takes a real effort to lose gain, and since I
use Beverages the absolute F/B wasnt important but it was around 12-15dB
with common mode chokes. This was 22 years ago before everyone got into the
common mode choke act and business.  I cant see spending money needlessly
for overpriced fancy switching and phasing boxes.

Carl
KM1H