Re: Topband: FCP model

To: "'Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)'" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>, "'Guy Olinger K2AV'" <olinger@bellsouth.net>, "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FCP model
From: "W0UCE" <w0uce@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:40:04 -0400
My former QTH boasted 2 K2AV Z-Slope TX/RX Top Band Antennas which are to
this day KILLERS plus a 5 Element Vertical Fan over 96 1/4 wave on ground
radials, three K2AV BOG RX antennas a 4 SQ receiving antenna system and a
K2AV design 80m end fed half wave. To me, I can honestly say my QTH was Low
Band, Top Band Hog Heaven. It was no W8JI antenna haven in comparison to
what Tom enjoys but I was more than happy.

Alas, downsizing relegated me to live within horizontal and vertically
challenged boundaries but thanks to K2AV I am back on Top Band.  There is
but one reason and that is I am the proud owner of the first ever K2AV FCP.

So... despite living in a covenant infested subdivision as a small lot
squatter limited to a 46.5 vertical, 83' Horizontal Inverted L as there are
simply no taller trees from which I can suspend, much less hide anything
better.  But... I have worked ZLs, VKs, JAs and lots of EUs on top band from
puny, little pistol antenna farm.

I am sincerely grateful and blessed to have been K2AV's FCP Guinea Pig as
well as Z-Slope, Vertical Fan, 80m End Fed Half wave and BOG tester outer.
There is no stronger FCP advocate than me and to K2AV I remain eternally
grateful.

I too would love to see the results of a K2AV / W8JI FCP Shootout Analysis.
But one thing I can state with certainty.  In my 60 years of hamming I know
of no better way to get on Top Band from a QTH with physical restrictions
than deploying a K2AV FCP.  Thank you Guy.
73,
Jack

What a wonderful test it would be for Tom and Guy to do this analysis.  I
would love to know the results.

1138 Waters Edge Circle, Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (Office) - 318-393-3289 (Cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics
-------------- EnCase Certified Examiner ---------------