Re: Topband: Beverage antennas

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage antennas
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:41:06 +0000

Frank, W3LPL recommends -
> Clothing can be purchased pretreated with Permethrin.  Commercially treated
> clothing remains effective after dozens of washings.  Look for the trademarks
> "Insect Shield" and "Bug Shield" in sporting goods stores or online:

I have been having a terrible problem with ticks this year in Central NJ. In my
yard I have found Bifenthrin works fantastic.  You need a sprayer that attaches
to a garden hose and sprays a big area.  Never buy the stuff at Home Depot, etc
unless you are wealthy.  You will pay about 5% of the cost by buying mail
order. Get the 7% solution, not 0.5 % like at HD.

But this year I found any walk in my woods resulted in multiple ticks on me.
The night I felt one crawling up my leg at 3 am was the end.  I ordered the
Permethrin product for clothes.  $16 for 4 treatments, should be enough for a
whole season.  Since then I have not seen a tick !  One other poster reported
that it may not be effective for deer ticks.  That would be a disappointment,
but it sure has worked on wood ticks for me.  Those 2 products, plus Roundup,
are indispensible.  Always buy mail order, the savings is immense.

Rick  K2XT

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK