Topband: DSL knocks out when on topband

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DSL knocks out when on topband
From: "Tom Boucher" <tom@telemetry.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:45:12 +0100
Herb,

On the recommendation of John G3PQA, I recently changed my router from a D-Link
unit to an ADDON NWAR-3670 which appears to have much better RFI immunity. I'm
not getting any dropouts at all now and I do not have an OZ1CTK type filter in
line, just some ferrite rings of unknown origin on all the lines in and out.
With the old D-Link router the internet connection would drop when running 50W
on 160 or 80 even though my antennas are some 3 or 400 feet away from the house
and 'phone line.

Some of the newer modems are plainly more RFI proof.

73
Tom G3OLB
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK