Re: Topband: DSL knocks out when on TopBand

To: <herbs@vitelcom.net>, "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DSL knocks out when on TopBand
From: "KL7RA" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:34:36 -0800
>Please let me know.

Hi Herb

Thanks for the dozens of Q's on top.

I solved this exact problem by blowing up the DSL modem on 160 and
ACS came out with a new one they said was more RFI proof and it was.
Westell is on the factory logo.

Other changes were the telco wire going inside the walls length was changed
from about 60 feet to 10 feet when I moved the DSL modem to a new position
in the basement. I used shielded wire from the phone jack to the service telco
box but only because I had 10 feet of that style cable.

Any one of which or all of them fixed the problem. My money is on the new
DSL modem box which they said was more RFI proof.

Almost all of my RFI problems this past 50 years was solved when I bought new
equipment or a new device. Or moved.

73 Rich KL7RA