Re: Topband: Mother of all ferrite common-mode coaxial chokes

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Mother of all ferrite common-mode coaxial chokes
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:42:32 -0400 (EDT)
Mike,

I use BNC connectors extensively (almost exclusively) in the receive paths in
my station, perhaps one hundred or more.  They have their own shield integrity
issues, there's no silver bullet with BNC connectors either.  If you ever
encounter a BNC connector that mates "too easily" there may be a shield
integrity problem with the connector.  Off brand BNC connectors are
particularly problematic.

73
Frank
W3LPL