Re: Topband: Mother of all ferrite common-mode coaxial chokes

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Mother of all ferrite common-mode coaxial chokes
From: mstangelo@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 17:31:24 +0000 (UTC)
Tom and All,

I also use phono connectors on some older radios. I'd prefer to substitute BNC
connectors but I don't want to modify the equipment.

What I find helpful is to squeeze the shell of the plug so that it will fit
tightly on the female receptacle and cover the shell with heat shrinkable
tubing so that the pressure is always applied to the connection.

Mike N2MS.