Re: Topband: Radio wave Propagation, knife edging, ETC

To: k1fz@myfairpoint.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Radio wave Propagation, knife edging, ETC
From: Gedking@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 09:26:20 -0400 (EDT)

n a message dated 5/20/2012 1:03:49 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
k1fz@myfairpoint.net writes:

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Radio-Wave+Propagation

 When I was in the Signal Corp, Our NCOIC and a ham friend, for an
experiment, used Knife edge  propagation to link our receive site at  Leghorn
Italy
(livorno)  with Our station In Salzburg Austria on a freq  near 2mtrs using
 rtty the Ants were Vert. and aimed at the top of the  mountains. Inasmuch
as it wasn't quite legal they only used it once to prove it  could be done.

G  "Ed" King   K8OT

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK