Re: Topband: LOTW

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: LOTW
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:00:45 -0500
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 9:05 AM, <Gedking@aol.com> wrote:

> It's simple why some don't use LOTH it's called $ $ $ $

It doesn't cost anything to upload your log to LOTW.  The only time "$ $ $
$" is a factor is if someone chooses to use a LOTW verified QSO for award
purposes.  I upload my log to LOTW, religiously, in case someone needs a
verification from my country, state or county.

LOTW offers a "zero cost" way of making a verification available to those
who need it.

The real reason LOTW isn't used more widely is the level of difficulty of
setting up an account.

Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive
BAMA - http://bama.edebris.com