Re: Topband: Radials help (Mark van Wijk)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Radials help (Mark van Wijk)
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:15:58 -0400
Mark,

With all due respect to your comments.....I want to know what I am
building and why it is worth the effort before I commence.  Accordingly
discussion on this reflector is invaluable digesting the pros and cons
of any ideas.  I can learn so much here without digging into Maxwells
Equations.  Long ago I had a wonderful book "Radio Antenna Engineering"
by Kraus and Terman published in 1952 but it was lost in Hurricane Hugo
in 1989.  Hopefully I can get another copy on eBay soon.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

On 2/11/2012 7:06 PM, Mark van Wijk wrote:
> Please do not abuse my wording. Or maybe I need to clarify.
>
> I DO welcome any discussion on exsting and new proposed antenna/ground
> systems.
>
> However, discussions tend to be jammed by people throwing in basic theories,
> papers, even laws of physics from those who seem to oppose a (valid) new idea
> (FCP).
>
> The next step is not to outsmart the guy via your kybd, but to built, test
> and compare.
>
> That's why I said stop the endless talking and start building.
>

> 73 Mark, PA5MW

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK