Re: Topband: Propagation on CQWW CW 160M

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Propagation on CQWW CW 160M
From: jeremy maris <jeremy@maris.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 15:57:20 +0000
Propagation was very bad on the Friday/Saturday to the South coast of England -
only managed 4 W/VE states compared to many more in previous years but
Saturday/Sunday was much better - and yes we had a great run of NA QSO like you
did with very strong signals.

The Reverse Beacon Network showed G4AQG at 30dB S/N at a couple of East coast
skimmers, much stronger than I'm accustomed to!

Keep meaning to download and process the RBN data for the contest to get more
detailed comparison and trends  re other EU signals

Jeremy G3XDK/G4AGG

On 3 Feb 2012, at 15:02, F3WT wrote:

> Hello Gents,
>
> As I was still reading comments on that event, let me add that I was hooked
> that last Sunday morning Jan 29 around SR here in France ( between UTC 6:40
> to as late as 7:14 when it was full day).
> I live in city house within town, with a small lot.  My ant is a vertical inv
> U shaped wire of abt 30M, apex up 20M down on the street-side  of my house ,
> fed against an other wire of my 2nd antenna (a  delta-loop left open with
> circumference
> of another 30M, upper corner up 18M, base at abt 10M), situated on the other
> side of my house ( south). The vertical part radiates towards a large  open
> street oriented North, NW, fine for North America.
>
> I probably got up too late  that Sunday not assuming good propagation as was
> the case 24h b4 (Saturday  28, same time to work NA).
>
> "Summit" showing lots NA stations that morning so I had just time to  rushed
> up staircase to my shack ...
> .. in time to work in a row ( half an hour):
>       KT3Y, NO3M,VE3EJ ( 10dB over if not more), K1LT, K1DG and K3ZM last
> station heard after falloff  -
>
> Gee! ...  It made my day and even my participating in that contest.
>
> Was it that "spot light propagation"?  I never experienced this before!
>
> Glad to still  share this with you.
>
> 73.
> Pierre, F3WT

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK