Topband: Propagation on CQWW CW 160M

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Propagation on CQWW CW 160M
From: F3WT <ars.f3wt@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 16:02:07 +0100
Hello Gents,

As I was still reading comments on that event, let me add that I was hooked
that last Sunday morning Jan 29 around SR here in France ( between UTC 6:40 to
as late as 7:14 when it was full day).
I live in city house within town, with a small lot.  My ant is a vertical inv U
shaped wire of abt 30M, apex up 20M down on the street-side  of my house ,  fed
against an other wire of my 2nd antenna (a  delta-loop left open with
circumference
of another 30M, upper corner up 18M, base at abt 10M), situated on the other
side of my house ( south). The vertical part radiates towards a large  open
street oriented North, NW, fine for North America.

I probably got up too late  that Sunday not assuming good propagation as was
the case 24h b4 (Saturday  28, same time to work NA).

"Summit" showing lots NA stations that morning so I had just time to  rushed up
staircase to my shack ...
.. in time to work in a row ( half an hour):
        KT3Y, NO3M,VE3EJ ( 10dB over if not more), K1LT, K1DG and K3ZM last
station heard after falloff  -

Gee! ...  It made my day and even my participating in that contest.

Was it that "spot light propagation"?  I never experienced this before!

Glad to still  share this with you.

73.
Pierre, F3WT

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK