Re: Topband: Ticked over intentional interference on top band

To: wrcromwell@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Ticked over intentional interference on top band
From: mstangelo@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 16:40:24 +0000 (UTC)
I was taught to contact the station personally and notify him of the problem
tactfully.  Don't broadcast your gripe.

Try to contact him (or her)  and send an accurate signal report, such as 579K.
Remember, K indicates clicks and C chirp.

Contact him via an email or phone call and notify him of the issue.

I remember starting as a novice in the late sixties. We were crystal controlled
and we had to manually tune our rigs and chirps were common. I started out with
an Ameco AC1 which was a MOPA (master oscilattor power amplifier) rig. I
received an post card form an OO (official observer) notifying be of my chirp
and offering assistance if necessary. I remember the note started off with
something to the effect that "This is not a violation notice or a 'bawling
out", but one ham helping another fellow ham". I was impressed with the
professionalism.

Mike N2MS