Re: Topband: A Ham for 75 Years

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: A Ham for 75 Years
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:56:50 -0500
Paul,

Congrats on 75 years, and that's a great story to tell.   For some, it's
hard to believe that a single-step regen can perform well on an uncrowded
band but apparently many ops used some form of a simple regen well into the
'40s.

Question:  Since you mentioned 160m, did you learn code and theory through
Marshall Ensor's (W9BSP) on-air tutorials?  Even if you didn't, do you
recall hearing his big signals on 160m during the 1930s?

Paul, W9AC