Topband: Marconi Tee

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Marconi Tee
From: cris@gm4fam.plus.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 22:41:46 -0000
Greetings Topbanders

I wish to put up a Tee antenna for TB using a mobile tower as a support.

66ft high with approx 66ft on each of the two top wires.

I can insulate the trailer supporting the tower from the ground using wood
blocks and rubber car mats.

Am I
a) better off using the mobile tower as the vertical section of the tee or
b) putting a supporting cross arm at the top of the tower with a vertical
wire dropping down to the feedpoint (ie using the tower as simply an
aerial support)?

If b) what should be the minimum distance of that vertical wire from the
tower?

Any thoughts?

73 Cris
GM4FAM