Topband: Preventing QRM

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Preventing QRM
From: wa3mej@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 22:02:30 +0000 (UTC)

Brian,

I currently have a very high power line noise (the electric company is trying
to find it) that is why I mostly use a techique I call scan and pounce (at my
age I cant pounce too hard though) whereby I listen for others to call CQ and
pounce on them.  THis helps to eliminate some of the interferance on the
bands.  In fact with the S6 raw AC signal in my inverted L... well I wouldnt
even being scanning and pouncing without the new Beverage antenna.  I also use
other resources out there like the reverse beacons and the PSK reporter and
JT65 information on top band.  This allows me to have a more clear picture
where to look and when to look there.  Oh before I forget try looking at what
N4IS uses, I am guessing he doesnt have room for a Beverage but he still makes
the best of what he has by using a Waller Flag.    www.n4is.com

Jim WA3MEJ

Message: 1