Re: Topband: looking for suggestions for rcv antenna for this years CQWW

To: Cal Zethmayr <w4gmh@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: looking for suggestions for rcv antenna for this years CQWW 160SSB
From: k3bu@optimum.net
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 13:48:25 +0000 (GMT)
Hi Cal,

you have almost perfect ground situation with your radial field, take advantage
of it by using RX vertical arrays, either some flags, arrays of them for
particular direction, or switchable circle vertical arrays.
You need to detune the tower on receive if RX arrays are close over radials.

Beverages don't like good ground, but Misek's SWA (?) antennas might work.

You can improve your TX antenna by hanging parasitic directors and reflectors
(dipoles or loops) of the big tower.

Sounds exciting, GL and HNY!

Yuri, K3BU.us
www.MVmanor.com