Re: Topband: 160M JT65HF, etc....

To: "n0ah.ham Paul Veal" <bryonveal@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M JT65HF, etc....
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:35:10 -0500
If you want to get JT65 operation on 160 meters moved, you will need
to convince IARU the Region 1 and Region 3 organizations to modify
their band plans.  The simple fact is that Region 2 operators *will*
go where the action is and that's at 1838 - 1840.5 since that is where
IARU Region 1 have dictated JT65 should operate.

Absent FCC action that would make JT65 operation illegal on those
frequencies, you are not going to move the US operators and certainly
not the operators in other jurisdictions within Region 2.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 1/2/2012 5:08 PM, n0ah.ham Paul Veal wrote:

> I think I speak for many when the real issue is adjacent digital QRM
> at or near the edge of 1.835MHz.  There is much less CW from
> 1.840MHz-1.850Mhz. If antenna tuning issues are the main problem, why
> not just move up outside the band edge of 1.840Mhz??
>
> I have a real problem with digital operators who ignore our presence
> near or around 1.838MHz and just blindly transmit where stations are
> listening.  I really appreciate the nature of a lot of the
> informative posts from JT65 operators on this matter, but are we just
> not discussing moving up 3 KHz from 1.838Mhz?
>
> 73
>
> paul  N0AH
 > DM79nn

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK