Re: Topband: Noise problem question

To: "Sam Morgan" <k5oai.sam@gmail.com>, "TopBand" <topband@contesting.com>, "Jon Zaimes AA1K" <jz73@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Noise problem question
From: "David Raymond" <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:02:53 -0600
If the power company has any competence whatsoever with regard to locating
noise, they will have one of the high freq audio noise locating devices.  In
some cases, if you're going to chase noise on behalf of the utility (and
locate their problem), they may loan you the equipment.  Incidentally, some
of the super acoustical devices do have a laser for aiming.  Also, remember
when you get in close it can be helpful to pinpoint the noise during
darkness and when it is quiet (quiet as in traffic noise, not electrical
noise).  You can sometimes either see the arcing or hear the noise coming
from it.

73 and Season's Greetings to all. . . Dave
W0FLS