Re: Topband: BCI

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BCI
From: Rik van Riel <riel@surriel.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:47:27 -0500
On 12/13/2011 05:36 PM, Scott Long wrote:
> A strange happening already this season,  I am hearing WTVN-AM 610 khz
> (Columbus OH) plain as day on 1830 khz.  This is the only frequency that I
> hear it on.  I am at least 35 miles from this station, and it is west of me.

Wouldn't be the first time an MW station puts out a signal
on a harmonic frequency.  This happens all the time.

If you tune around between 2 and 3 MHz, you will often find
a handful of broadcast harmonics.  Some come and go, others
are more permanent (like 2730 kHz).

The way to get them fixed is to notify the station and get
them to fix the problem. If they don't, notify the FCC...

--
All rights reversed.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK