Topband: 1/2 wave spacing vs. 1/4 wave

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 1/2 wave spacing vs. 1/4 wave
From: "Dr. Wolf Ostwald" <df2py@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:21:48 +0100
hi reflectees !
I guess i was not specific enough. I was stating that my 2 el broadside
array`s signal with 1/2 spacing must have lower angle of radiation than
my 3 el  1/4 wave spacing in line array. The farther the shot, the more
signal i get and produce with the 2el versus the 3 el in-line array.
East coast is neck to neck, westcoast up to 3 db in favour of the 2 el
half-wave spaced array in broadside config.
Again. i am not talking forward gain at any angle of radiation, i am
talking gain at a specific angle.
73 de wolf  df2py
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK