Re: Topband: RFI

To: TOPBAND <TOPBAND@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: Topband: RFI
From: Bill Stewart <cwopr@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 10:39:29 -0400 (EDT)
Mike,
We bought a Samsung HD TV a few years ago. It puts out a birdie every 25khz or
so and can be heard fairly strong on 160..one around 1825. It also puts out a
pulse type trash in large portions of 80/75 mtrs. I can hear it out in the back
yard shack. The only way to get rid of the noise is to unplug from the
AC...turning it off just gets rid of the birdies, not the pulse noise.
Gud luck, 73 de Bill K4JYS