Re: Topband: T32C and 3D2R

To: "k2xx@swva.net" <k2xx@swva.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: T32C and 3D2R
From: W5JR - Mike <w5jr.lists@att.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 12:39:34 -0400
I worked T32C at 1am EDT last night/this morning (0500z). A simple inverted L
with 16 radials 62.5 long. They could hear me a lot better than I could them
(me at 1kw) but I answered their CQ. They didn't have many takers.

I have yet to hear 3D2R on 160 when spotted. Worked them easily on 80m.

tnx
Mike / W5JR - near Atlanta GA

On Oct 4, 2011, at 11:31 AM, "Joe Giacobello, K2XX" <k2xx@swva.net> wrote:

>  T32C was quite easy copy here in SW VA just before SR.  3D2R came up
> out  of the mud here just around SR.
>
> 73, Joe
> K2XX
>
> On 10/3/2011 10:07 PM, Mark Lunday wrote:
>> Similar observations from US East Coast.
>>
>> I was able to work T32C and 3D2R on 40 CW and 80 CW during my gray-line this
>> morning.  Simple inverted L and 300 watts from NC.  Excellent ops on their
>> end, I am sure, was a big factor.  Pileups were there when I heard them, but
>> nothing like on the higher bands over the weekend.
>>
>> I did hear T32C on 160 but lots of W6/W7 stations with much better antennas
>> and the sun was up by that time.  Will keep trying,
>>
>> Mark Lunday
>> WD4ELG

>> UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK