Re: Topband: T32C and 3D2R

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: T32C and 3D2R
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 13:05:29 -0400
Jorge,

Welcome to the club. I am amazed by the difference in attention that has
been given to 160 by T32C and 3D2R. It appears that based on the missing
container with more equipment the 160 and 80 positions are shared...or
have interaction so only one can be on. IMHO it would make more sense to
do this with 10 meters....but it could also be an antenna issue as well.
Another theory is that like at ST0R the operator likes to works piles
and who wouldn't except the most dedicated TB operator who would rather
pick bits and pieces of call signs out of the tropical noise.

I have been on everyday for the 3D2R operation from their SS to past my
SR and the best I have so far is "fz?" a few dits and then back to 80
meters for them. At the same time T32C is consistently working stations,
not 200 an hour, but maybe 40-60 on TB and that is worth praise for the
topband crew.

It doesn't look promising at this point for a lifetime opportunity to
work a new one that had announced an emphasis on the low bands. they
have done very well on all the other bands and probably will leave with
80,000 contacts.....but 160 except for a few big guns....has been a big
disappointment. Even if I miraculously work them in the few remaining
days, I will still say that.

But remember Jacek is coming on in a few days from H40 and that will be
the ultimate challenge but with a super dedicated 160 meter operator at
the key.

73,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

On 10/3/2011 10:13 AM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:
> Hello,
>

> hope you guys good QSO´s with this stations.
>

> T32C is very active and doing the things very well.
>

> I was surprised to hear them, and that they heard me, 2 days ago. I want to
> know what antennas system they have, because when they copied CX they switch
> in my direction and the signal improved to 579..! Last night I also heard
> them very active in 160 mts
>

> Other story to 3D2R. They are finishing in 2 days but the guys at T32C are
> more active (and they still have 23 days to stay there!). At least not at
> the best hours for the Americas.
>

> Today at 06:30 I worked 3D2R in 80 mts. he continue calling and no pile up.
> I asked the operator to activate 160 mts and he told me that later. No I see
> the first spot at 11:25 utc.  After W1, W2, W3 sunrise and of course mine
> that is 09:11utc
>

> Only September 30th they were active for east coast and SA…  L
>

> 73,
>
> Jorge
>
> CX6VM/CW5W

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK